I wrote this exactly two years ago from today:
1. Trump makes an offensive comment worded in a vague manner.
2. His supporters cheer, as they appreciate and sympathize with the offensive content.
3. Normal people are offended by the offensive content because they are normal people.
4. When asked, Trump points to the vagueness of the offensive comment as evidence that he did not say the offensive comment that he did in fact say.
5. Trump complains that he is being pegged as someone who makes offensive comments after he made an offensive comment and was criticized for making the offensive comment even though he said that he did not make the offensive comment that in fact he did say.
6. A few seconds/minutes/hours pass, Trump opens his mouth, and the cycle begins again.
Has much changed?